Garage doors serve many purposes for your home. It helps keep away any creepy crawlers from entering your home, it protects your car from burglary, and is the largest part of anyone’s home. One part of the garage door that always needs to be working correctly is the garage door cables. Though it seems like the cables are a small, insignificant piece to the functionality of a garage, it plays a crucial role in the safety mechanisms of any garage door.Garage Door Repair Lemon Grove.
THE NECESSITY OF GARAGE CABLES
As mentioned above, garage door cables are extremely important to the functionality of a garage door. The garage door springs alternate on a daily basis and the inertia exerted onto the springs will eventually weaken them over time. If the garage door cables are not there and have dysfunctional springs, the door can pull back with a violent force that could potentially leave a dent in your vehicle or even endanger your life. This garage door cable runs through the spring and prevents the spring from recoiling and allows it to drop in a reasonable manner. This small, significant safety mechanism can potentially save you and your family’s life and your car.
THE PROCESS OF FIXING YOUR GARAGE CABLES
The cables attached your garage are eventually going to break. Here is an easy 5-step process to fixing these cables:
- Buy cables from a warehouse store near you.
- Release the tension in the garage door springs
- The garage door needs to be open fully and place a couple of c-clamps on the track of the door’s lowest wheel to prevent the door from sliding down.
- Unhook the springs, replace the cable, and reattach the springs
- Stand no less than 15 feet away from the door and open it with your garage door remote to ensure that you have replaced the cables properly.
The cable should be replaced every six months
FOR QUESTIONS OR TO GET A QUOTE FROM US AT GARAGE DOOR REPAIR COSTA MESA
If you are unsure about what to do or have questions about how to fix your garage cables, allow us at Local Garage Door Repair Lemon Grove help you with the process. You can reach us at (619) 550-3573 for a quote.
If you would like a FREE ONLINE QUOTE
Garage Door Repair Lemon Grove
3340 Main Street #2B Lemon Grove, CA 91945