Today is not going as planned. You had a thousand things to do, and you were determined to get them all done except for one thing… you can’t get your car out of your garage!
You drop everything to try to figure out the problem, but you find yourself getting overwhelmed on how to troubleshoot this issue. Maybe dealing with mechanical issues is over your head, and that’s OK… you not supposed to know everything… but you need to get things done and your garage door is stopping you from taking care of business, and you decide to contact a garage door company.
There are so many garage door companies… some good and some not-so-good… how do you properly vet a garage door company to make sure they can actually handle your problem?
Here are the top five things you should consider when employing a garage door company:
- What are other people saying about the company? Check for reviews on Google and Yelp. Keep in mind, however, that reviews can be written for a variety of reasons; they can be written by satisfied customers, customers with an ax to grind and too much spare time on their hands, or competitors looking to destroy their competition. Contact the reviewers if you can.
- Is this company bonded and insured? This is critical because you want to know that you’re covered if there’s an issue with the workmanship (bonded), or if the technician is hurt on the job (insurance).
- Can you verify the company’s existence with a company such as the Better Business Bureau in your area or the Local Chamber of Commerce?
- Is this company certified? Can they provide proof that they’re certified? How do they prove they know what they’re doing?
- If they sound too good to be true in therms of price, they probably are; get a few quotes before making a decision.
Make sure that you’re receiving the best bang for your buck! Do your research before spending your money on a technician!